Tuesday, May 04, 2010

design on a dime...

e
r


mother's day lately for me has been all about homemade, and catering to sentimentality.
(as well as catering to my own desire to learn how to make new things)

this year for my craig's mom, i made some home made lemon hand scrub, and a homemade "family tree." i hope she likes them.

the hand scrub was really easy and it tastes delicious! (you know, not that i tried it...)
i got the inspiration from stephanie lynn of "under the table and dreaming." her mason jars are cute, but i went that extra psycho mile by making tags, matching ribbon and covering it with cloth.

"Begin my mixing 2 1/2 Cups of Sugar with 1 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Add in 4 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice {or scented essential oils to your
liking}. This mixture will make enough to fill a 12oz. Mason Jar {and you'll
have just enough left over to clean your hands afterwards too}"

try it out or make one for your mom!

4 comments:

Cherrill said...

I love crafty gifts! And I love your take on the family tree - very cool :)

Unknown said...

Ohhhh I want to make the "scrub". :-)

3StinkyBoysAndMe said...

Hi! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog, so I could find yours! I love it! You're so creative and fun! This scrub looks AMAZING and I bet she really appreciated all the time and effort you put into it. And, our babies are about the same age. Latham turned 2 on the April 23rd. They grow up too fast, huh? Her party looked like so much fun! See you soon, Tasha

Mary said...

That is a great idea! I love the hand-srub... I'll have to try that. And that is the cutest little family tree! I love it!