Friday, November 05, 2010

Highlander commericals: UGH. THE WORST.

these annoy me to the UTMOST extent.

they basically are saying that parents have zero ideas what are going on with technology, finances, and what is important in life in general.

i hate gimickky marketing, and this is an example of something that i really hate and gets my goat.

GIMICCY:this is derived from the free online dictionary:
a. A device employed to cheat, deceive, or trick, especially a mechanism for the secret and dishonest control

b. An innovative stratagem or scheme employed especially to promote a project: an advertising gimmick.

c. A significant feature that is obscured, misrepresented, or not readily evident; a catch.

maybe their marketing strategy isn't to somebody like me, (and i'm sure it isn't) but this really makes me mad to think that some small child would care enough about what his parents drove him around in. because for me? it was all about how much my parents love me and gave me piece of mind.

1 comment:

Adrienne Jewelry Designs said...

I absolutely agree! We hate these commercials at our house too. A cute but absolutely spoiled, bratty kid. Too bad that's the impression everyone I know has of these insulting commercials :) I doubt they'll be on long enough for anyone to remember. I mean really..it's promoting children disrespecting their parents in favor of an SUV. If my kids had talked that way it wouldn't have been a problem..they would have been walking :)